Monday, August 10, 2009

The Halfway Point

Wednesday is the big day for our 20-week ultrasound. We'll get to peek in on the new babe and see how he or she is growing. I'm crossing my fingers that we'll learn not only that the baby is healthy, but also that the due date is a bit earlier than the current December 30 estimate. My hopes are up after seeing the baby move--at only 19 weeks--a few times recently. I'm trying to brace myself that this probably isn't likely, though, and instead we have a real live wire on our hands.

(And before you go teasing us about wanting to get the tax deduction for 2009, I'll be happy to share with you the sad tale about our insurance plan.)

The impending ultrasound also means we have two days to decide whether we want to learn the sex of the baby. You may remember that we didn't learn Lucy was a girl until she was born, and we've been planning to do the same with Baby 2. I'm starting to waver on that decision, but Brandon's holding strong for both of us.

More news on Wednesday after the big reveal...

No comments: