Well, not really since I have 9 weeks to go before my due date, but it feels like we're in the home stretch. I'm visiting the doctor every two weeks, and soon I'll be going on a weekly basis.
At this week's appointment, I learned my belly continues to measure 2 centimeters ahead. I wasn't surprised to hear this; I've been feeling bigger than at this point with Lucy. But then I started to worry a little--is something wrong with the baby? Very unlikely, according to Dr. M. It's possible that I have too much amniotic fluid or that we should anticipate a big baby. (No surprise considering the Hagen family produces some chunky newborns. My Dad tipped the scales at almost 10 pounds.)
So at my next check-up I'll have an ultrasound to take a peek at the critter. I'm excited to take a look but am having an extremely tough time resisting the urge to learn the gender of our little babe. With less than two months to go, I think we can hold out but it won't be easy!
No comments:
Post a Comment