Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Moving Time

The past week has been exciting and chaotic as we closed on our new house and began the process of moving. Since we're renting our current place and the new tenants don't move in for another month, we have the luxury of moving gradually. It seems, though, that this is going even slower than we expected, partly because Brandon's been out of town this week and Lucy and I picked up nasty colds. Plus I keep forgetting that I'm six months pregnant and wear down much easier than I would prefer. So in between packing and moving as much as I can, I've been having myself a nice little pity party the past couple days.

But yesterday, after getting worn out chasing Lucy and feeling disappointed that I hadn't accomplished enough, my sweet little girl marched up to me chanting "Mama," gave me a hug and slobbery kiss, and rested on my lap while reading books. (Most surprising about this was the sitting still to read, which never happens with our busy girl.) When Lucy fell asleep while we were rocking, I got such a perfect reminder of what's really important in my daily life and why I am so lucky to get to spend this time with her.

I know this post is sappy. I promise the next will go back to photos and funny stories. For now, you'll just have to bear with an emotional pregnant lady!

1 comment:

Molly said...

I like your post. Don't worry, you will make it through all of this Sis!