This post was originally called "Jack's First Month," and somehow another month has flown by before I could get around to actually finishing it. It's a good indicator of how busy life is at our house, and I'm feeling the blog will be a bit neglected in the months ahead. I'm still trying to find time to brush my teeth every day, and sadly, showering has become a luxury, not a necessity. (I'm sure you're just dying to swing by our house, right?)
These past ten weeks have been a blur, even if the days have sometimes felt very long. The tiredness of a new baby combined with his arrival in the dead of winter have meant we've been cooped up at home far more than I'd prefer. By the time I get both kids fed, dressed, bundled up, then usually unbundled so one can be changed or fed again, then loaded into the car, I am wiped! But each trip out is a little easier than the last, and it definitely seems like spring is in sight. I am counting down the days until we can load up the new double stroller and head to the park.
So we've been at home a lot, which has been a tough adjustment for me since L and I were almost always on the go. We've been lucky to have so many friends come to our house to play, and I can't say enough about having family close by. They have been lifesavers, and I know I wouldn't have kept my sanity without their help. Thank you, Nana, for running so many errands, bringing us food, and playing with us so often the past couple months!
We're starting to see more of Jack's personality every day, and he gave us his first smiles when he was about five weeks old. We have to work harder to coax a smile from him than we did with Lucy, but it's worth the effort when we see his eyes light up with his huge grin. He recognizes our voices and especially loves looking for his big sister. He does the cutest little smiles in his sleep, especially when he zonks out after nursing. He's also becoming more verbal, with lots of coos and "giggles," especially when he's on the changing table.
The kid doesn't mess around when it comes to eating. He still eats 8-10 times a day, which probably explains why his weight is "off the charts." He weighed in at just over 15 pounds at his two-month check-up. Lucy was 13.5 pounds at the same point and I thought she was huge! Jack is a very eager eater, with lots of noises and grunts while he's chowing down.
So far he's been lukewarm on the swing and the bouncy seat. But we have learned that he loves being swaddled, and we've relied on the Miracle Blanket, just as we did with Lucy. Seriously, if I could only have one baby product, this blanket would be it!
Lucy was sleeping through the night by this age, and I'm now realizing that we got spoiled. Jack has slept a few stretches of 5-6 hours but he's usually up a couple times each night. Hey, the kid has to maintain his physique with frequent feedings.
Even though we're tired, I often remind myself to enjoy these days with our cuddly little guy since he'll be running around chasing his big sister before we know it!
Thursday, March 4, 2010
Things to Remember
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment