I just had to put up a post to show how so very cool my wife is. For a birthday/Valentine's day present Emily gave me a Wii along with Guitar Hero (about the closest I get to playing a guitar any more). I didn't actually receive the Wii--it was more of a promise to get one when they were next stocked in stores. Being utterly unfamiliar with any video game console made after 1985, I had no idea what I was getting into to simply purchase a Wii. After calling or visiting a handful of Targets, I learned the next shipment would be available on February 24. Advised by a fast, fun, and friendly team member to show up early, I took him at his word and arrived about 10 minutes after the stored opened. They were gone. And, the rush in which they disappeared left behind a large group of people standing around wondering what to do next. Not wishing to linger any longer than necessary in a Target on a Sunday, I got in my car and, out of curiosity, called the new Target in Medina. They too had a line prior to the store opening, but being a new location this Target is quite deserted, and I was informed a few Wiis still remained available. Astonished, I decided I'd give it a go and see if I could get there prior to the numerous disappointed Wii-seekers I had left at the previous store. In plenty of time, I arrived to get one console and an extra controller (Emily is anxious to show me that she is a better bowler than I, which is probably very true). By the time I finished paying for my Wii, they too were gone. This is ridiculous - I hope this thing is fun!
This hysterical post was sent to me and certainly needed sharing.
No comments:
Post a Comment