Another week is gone and we're still waiting for baby. Today I visited the doctor for the last time. I'm now at 4 cm and the baby has moved even lower in what Brandon refers to as "blast off position."
As much as I'd love to get labor going, now I'm hoping the babe will wait until after Christmas so we don't have to spend our holiday in the hospital. If we make it for a few more days, I'll be admitted to the hospital Monday morning to have my water broken.
Even though my body is doing a lot to get this baby moving, seems the little guy or gal has other plans and isn't yet ready to meet us. We're thinking it's quite similar to Lucy's emergence in to the world, and Brandon is convinced this is a sign that we're having another girl. I'm still on the fence and am having a hard time choosing boy or girl, particularly because I have an uncanny knack for being wrong on a prediction with 50/50 odds.
I'm trying to finish wrapping our presents and getting the house in order during the next couple days. But more than anything, I'm enjoying every moment with my little bug before she becomes a big sister. I'm sure the pregnancy hormones are a factor, but it's been hard for me not to feel weepy about how her life is going to change dramatically very soon. I know she'll love being a big sister as much as I do, but I'm constantly reminded with each contraction that soon she won't be my littlest baby. Just a few more days left of the "three of us" and soon we'll be a family of four!!
No comments:
Post a Comment